PRESIDENTE DO GRUPO RBS
Eduardo Sirotsky Melzer Eduardo Sirotsky Melzer is President and Chairman of Grupo RBS, media conglomerate which owns journalism and entertainment brands in southern Brazil. He’s also chairman and founder of e.Bricks, digital sector investment company active in Brazil and in the United States.
A third generation member of the Sirotsky family and grandson of Maurício Sirotsky, Grupo RBS founder, Eduardo has a Harvard MBA and a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration from the Pontifical Catholic University of Rio Grande do Sul (PUCRS). He’s a counselor for the Mercosul Biennial of arts, for Iberê Camargo Foundation, for e.Bricks Digital and for Wine.com.br.
Eduardo started his career in the United States, before working for the family company. He was a Senior Financial Analyst for Delphi and General Director at the non traditional media company BoxTop Media. In 2015, he was nominated at Cambridge Institute for Family Enterprise’s list of next generation leaders, which recognizes each year 25 members of new generations of business families worldwide who are ahead of their enterprises and are considered examples for society.
Eduardo cites american John Davis as an important influence. Davis, a Harvard lecturer and specialist and family businesses, is one of today’s most coveted consultants in the world when it comes to the area. Grupo RBS was Davis’ first client in Brazil, a relation that extends since 1999. RBS and the Sirotsky family believe in family businesses with professional management. For Eduardo, good governance is key to differentiate any successful company and is still more relevant in family businesses. RBS’s rules of governance, oriented by Davis, were put to practice during the succession process that took Eduardo to the presidency of the group in 2012.
Since then, he follows strategic concepts based on periodic consulting with two of the most influential business thinkers in the world: Jim Collins and Ram Charan.
Disciplined and focused in businesses’ sustainability and growth, and also interested in contributing for his country’s evolution, Eduardo practices cross-border networking and knowledge exchange. He participates of exclusive events such as Google’s Zeitgeist and Allen&Co.’s Sun Valley.Eduardo Sirotsky Melzer gives a lecture during Semana Acadêmica, an yearly UFRGS’s Business School traditional academic event
- 2016 - Chairman and President at Grupo RBS - Brazil
- 2012: Chairman and Founder at e.Bricks Digital - Brazil
- 2012: President at Grupo RBS - Brazil
- 2010: Executive Vice President at Grupo RBS - Brazil
- 2008: Vice President of Market and Business Development at Grupo RBS - Brazil
- 2004: General Director for the National Market at Grupo RBS - Brazil
- 2004: General Director at BoxTop Media - New York, USA
- 2002: Senior Financial Analyst at Delphi Corporation - USA
- 2001: Consultant at Booz, Allen & Hamilton - USA
- 90's: Master Franchisor of Sweet Sweet Way - Brazil
- 2008: Building and Leading Customer Centric Organizations - Harvard Business School
- 2008: Effective Strategies for Media Companies - Harvard Business School
- 2002: MBA form Harvard Business School
- 1998: Bachelor of Business Administration - Pontifical Catholic University of Rio Grande do Sul
Awards and Nominations
- 2015: Won Ernst & Young’s Entrepreneur of the Year, Family Business category
- 2015: Listed as one of the 25 worldwide next generation leaders by the Cambridge Institute of Family Enterprise (CFEG)
- 2015: Awarded with the Merit in Business on the private sector
- 2013: Won Associação Riograndense de Publicidade’s Entrepreneur of the Year prize
- 2011: Awarded by the Coletiva.net website on the Marketing Management/Communication/Communication Group category
- 2009: Featured professional at the media vehicle executive category by the Brazilian Advertising Association
- 2006: Won the Caboré prize for best Media Vehicle Professional
- 2005 a 2008: National Council of Advertising Self-Regulation (Conselho Nacional de Auto-Regulamentação Publicitária, Conar)
- 2005 a 2007 / 2009 a 2013: Standart Norms Executive Council (Conselho Nacional das Normas-Padrão, CENP)
- 2015: Board of Mercosul Biennial of Arts
- 2015: Board of Iberê Camargo Foundation (Fundação Iberê Camargo, FIC)