CEO OF MEDIAS OF GRUPO RBS
Claudio Toigo Filho is CEO of RBS Media, Grupo RBS’s media division that owns journalism and communication brands in southern Brazil such as TV chain RBS TV, newspapers Zero Hora and Diário Gaúcho and radios Gaúcha and Atlântida.
A bachelor in Business Administration from the Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul (Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, UFRGS), Toigo has a graduate degree from the Pontifical Catholic University of Rio Grande do Sul (Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Rio Grande do Sul, PUCRS). He has an MBA from the University of Southern California (USA) and an specialization course at the London Business School (UK). He accumulates vast experience in business management, strategy, finances, business development, corporate governance in family business and mergers and acquisitions.
He has participated of the Jim Collins Lab, in Boulder, Colorado (USA), and has integrated projects with renowned specialists in management such as Ram Charan and John Davis. He’s experienced in business management, having assumed many leadership positions in group-owned companies and also in class entities such as AGERT (State Association of Radio and Television Chains) and ARP (State Association of Advertising). In the third sector, Toigo collaborates with Maurício Sirotsky Sobrinho Foundation.
Toigo works for RBS since 1994. He started his career as a trainee and got to the CEO position in December 2015, having worked his way up from many leadership positions and functions inside the company.
He’s married and a father of two. In his personal life, he cultivates a very strong passion about sports and about his family. He plays tennis and also runs, besides going to Grêmio’s football matches with his children - a family tradition he likes to maintain.
- 2016 - CEO at Grupo RBS
- 2010 a 2015: : Vice President of Finance at Grupo RBS
- 2008 a 2010: Operations Director for Radio and Television at Grupo RBS
- 2008: Director of Business Development at Grupo RBS
- 2003 a 2007: General Director for Radios at Grupo RBS
- 1999 a 2000: Manager of Strategy and Mergers & Acquisition at Grupo RBS
- 1997 a 1998: Manager of Finance and Planning for Radio and Television at Grupo RBS
- 1995 a 1996: Analyst of Finance and Planning for Radio and Television at Grupo RBS
- 1994 a 1995: Trainee at Grupo RBS
- 2015: Good to Great project at Jim Collins Lab (USA)
- 2011: Specialization in Risk, Financing and Restructuring at London Business School (UK)
- 2002: MBA form University of Southern California (EUA)
- 1995: Specialization in Finance at Pontifical Catholic University of Rio Grande do Sul (Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Rio Grande do Sul , PUCRS)
- 1993: Bachelor in Business Administration with Marketing emphasis from Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul (Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, UFRGS)
Member of entities
- 2016: State Advertising Association (Associação Riograndense de Propaganda, ARP)
- 2007/2010: State Association of Radio and Television Broadcasters (Associação Gaúcha de Emissoras de Rádio e Televisão, AGERT)
- Maurício Sirotsky Sobrinho Foundation